Maryborough Technical College, Technical Training Unit under construction, 1947

Queensland State Archives posted a photo:

Maryborough State High School was established as Maryborough Grammar School in 1881 during a prosperous period in the town. The school comprised two departments – boys’ and girls’ – and opened in a grand, new building designed by architect, John Richard Hall, on the north side of Kent Street. In 1883 the girls’ department moved across Kent Street to their own separate site with an equally-grand, new building designed by architect, Francis Drummond Greville Stanley. The schools were transferred to state control in 1936 and were amalgamated and renamed Maryborough State High School in 1974. The buildings stand prominently on large, landscaped sites, facing each other across the main thoroughfare, Kent Street, and the schools have a strong connection with generations of Maryborough students, staff and parents as a centre of secondary education in Maryborough since 1881.

The boys’ school shared the site and facilities with

Spread the love

See Full Post >>