Our Beaudesert Red Cross shop is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with store operations. By joining the team you’ll get the opportunity…
Author: admin
Advice Support Officer – Brisbane QLD
Responsible for providing excellent client service and professional administration support and assistance to Members, the Advice Support Officer will…
Administration Officer – Brisbane QLD
The Administration Officer plays a crucial support role within the Health, Safety and Wellness Division and is responsible for assisting with the smooth…
Warehouse – Picker and packer – Wakerley – Up To $50K + Super – Wakerley QLD
We are on the hunt for a new team member to join the mail order centre of their business in their Wakerley location.This is a busy section of the business…
Courtesy Bus Driver – Brisbane QLD
This is a great opportunity to join our Service Department team in the capacity of Courtesy Bus Driver / Delivery Driver for approximately 20 – 25 hours each…
Architectural plan of the Public Offices and Court House, Maryborough
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Maryborough Courthouse is a heritage-listed courthouse at 170 Richmond Street, Maryborough, Queensland. It was designed by Francis Drummond Greville Stanley and built in 1877 by John Thomas Annear for the Queensland Government.
The complex was the first large court building designed for a rural town in Queensland. It was the forerunner for several other buildings in regional areas. The building is rectangular in form with corner towers and connecting verandahs and was constructed in rendered brick, with timber work forming the verandas.
The building stands as part of the historic Wharf Street precinct in central Maryborough. The courthouse has been in continuous use by the supreme, district and magistrates courts of Queensland since it was completed in 1878, making it the longest-serving and oldest courthouse in use in Queensland.
Description source:
Wikipedia
View the original image at Queensland State Archives:
Digital Image ID 2591
Architectural plan of the Court House, Warwick
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Warwick Court House and Police Complex is a heritage-listed courthouse at 88 Fitzroy Street, Warwick, Queensland. It was designed by John James Clark and built from 1885 to 1914 by William G Conley. The decision to incorporate a clock tower at the front of the building was made during construction, and the clock was supplied by Messrs Flavelle Brothers and Roberts. A public clock appears to have been long sought after by Warwick citizens.
The Warwick Court House survives as evidence of the consolidation of Warwick as a centre for the surrounding district during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Through the use of materials (in particular the local sandstone), architectural forms and scale, the complex is a significant element within the Warwick townscape and identifies with other major public sandstone buildings.
Description source:
Wikipedia
View the original image at Queensland State Archives:
Digital Image ID 2602
Architectural drawing of the Court House, Cairns
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
The existing, heritage-listed Cairns Court House, built from 1919 to 1921, was the third court house erected in Cairns. An 1878 marine survey of Cairns harbour indicated that the first court house was located on the customs reserve, and may have shared the same premises as the first customs house. This probably was the temporary court house erected by the Works Department in Cairns in December 1877.
The ‘temporary’ court house remained in use for several years, but was replaced during the second phase of Cairns’ development. In 1883 the Works Department prepared plans for a more substantial timber court house, which was erected in 1884 on the Esplanade. At the time it was considered to be very fine, the best erected building in Cairns, both in so far as appearance and design as well as in construction.
By 1890, however, the local court had outgrown its
Architectural drawing of the Police Station Lockup and Court House, Cloncurry
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Cloncurry Courthouse is a heritage-listed courthouse at 42-48 Daintree Street, Cloncurry, Queensland. It was designed by the Department of Public Works (Queensland) and built in 1897 by Murray and Litster. It is the second on site and was erected in stages between 1897 and 1961.
A police contingent of four men and an Inspector had been stationed in tents at Cloncurry from 1870, but it was not until 1880 that a permanent Clerk of Petty Sessions was appointed, and Cloncurry’s first Police Magistrate was appointed in 1882. At that time there were still no permanent police quarters, and the lock-up was a slab hut with a bark roof.
In 1883 the Department of Public Works called tenders for a timber building to serve as a Court house, police quarters and lockup. This was completed in 1885, and the first Court sat in March 1900. From 1907 this
Architectural drawing of the Court House, Quarters and Lockup, Ayr
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
The current Ayr Court House was designed by Douglas Francis Woodcraft Roberts and built from 1935 to 1941 by day labour. It was constructed on a site adjacent to the existing 1897 court house, and is the third court house in Ayr.
The Burdekin River region was first settled in the 1860s, and the town of Ayr was surveyed in 1882. Tenders called for a Court House and Police Station in Ayr in late 1882, and a building was erected in 1883 which comprised the police quarters, lock-up and court room.
The town grew in support of the increasing number of sugar plantations and small sugar growers establishing themselves in the region. By late 1896 the court room was inadequate for court purposes. Construction of a new courthouse commenced in 1897, the former room being taken over for use by the police.
Description source:
Wikipedia
View the original image



