Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Eventide is an aged care facility opened by the Health and Home Affairs Department in 1946.
Queensland State Archives, Digital Image ID 26525
News and other stories about real people, places, and events in Fortitude Valley and nearby suburbs.
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Eventide is an aged care facility opened by the Health and Home Affairs Department in 1946.
Queensland State Archives, Digital Image ID 26525
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Can anyone tell us where this might be?
Queensland State Archives Item ID392809, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
From the Queensland Heritage Register.
The former Department of Primary Industries building, finished in unpainted render and painted brickwork, is built on a steeply sloping site with two storeys and basement fronting William Street and a lower three-storeyed wing at the rear fronting Queen’s Wharf Road. with a hipped rib and pan galvanised iron roof.
The building was originally built as an Immigration Depot, and construction began in 1865 and completed in 1866.
The building was constructed on part of the former Commandant’s Garden. The garden had been part of an attempt to establish some principles of behaviour at Penal Settlements throughout the Colony of New South Wales by the introduction of a Code of Regulations by Governor Darling which, amongst other things, entitled the Commandant to four acres of garden to be tended by up to three gardeners.
A wharf had been constructed c.1825 in front of the
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
The Jubilee Bridge over the South Johnstone River was opened on 28 September 1923. As early as 1928 it was found the piers were sinking and a weight limit was introduced. In May 2010 it was found to be unsafe and closed to all traffic. A replacement bridge of similar architectural style was opened in September 2011.
Queensland State Archives Item ID1076742, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
The Golden Circle cannery was established at Northgate in 1947 and spun off into a separate business in 1964.
Queensland State Archives Item ID1076737, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
The Queensland Industrial Institution for the Blind in Cornwall Street, Annerley made products such as brooms, mats, mattress, baskets and wicker furniture.
Queensland State Archives, Digital Image ID 21926
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
The Queensland Agricultural College opened an agricultural college and experimental farm at Gatton in 1897.
Queensland State Archives Item ID1076739, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Otto Madsen was a Warwick dairy farmer who was a Member of the Legislative Assembly from 1947 to 1963 and Minister for Agriculture and Forestry from 1960 to 1963.
Queensland State Archives Item ID1076739, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Otto Madsen was a Warwick dairy farmer who was a Member of the Legislative Assembly from 1947 to 1963 and Minister for Agriculture and Forestry from 1960 to 1963.
Queensland State Archives Item ID1076739, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
The cotton research station at Biloela was established in 1923 with a grant from the British Empire Cotton Corporation and ongoing subsidies from the Queensland and Commonwealth governments. At its peak it covered 430 acres with around 130 acres dedicated to experimental work.
Queensland State Archives Item ID1076737, Photographic material