Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Queensland Railways, Maryborough Wharf branch line, Maryborough Wharf & Wilson Hart & Co’s Siding.
Queensland State Archives Item ID1041610, Drawings – railway
News and other stories about real people, places, and events in Fortitude Valley and nearby suburbs.
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Queensland Railways, Maryborough Wharf branch line, Maryborough Wharf & Wilson Hart & Co’s Siding.
Queensland State Archives Item ID1041610, Drawings – railway
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
International Harvester C-series truck chassis with a Wormald body built for the Mackay Fire Brigade.
Queensland State Archives Item ID1973148, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Letter from the Commissioner of Police, Brisbane, to Inspector Toohey, Maryborough, regarding proper reporting procedures for German reservists, November 1916.
Queensland State Archives, Digital Image ID 20742
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Cunnamulla means “long stretch of water” and the town was founded at the intersection of two major stock routes which needed a reliable water supply. It became a coach stop for Cobb and Co coaches and the town was formally surveyed in 1868.
Queensland State Archives Item ID435656, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
The first Charleville Court House was built in 1875. It was destroyed by fire in December 1940 and a new building opened in November 1941.
Queensland State Archives, Digital Image ID 11205
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Charleville was named the town after the town of Charleville, County Cork, Ireland by William Alcock Tully, then government assistant surveyor, who laid out the town’s streets.
Queensland State Archives Item ID435656, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Officially referred to as “drop centre saloon cars”, or “four motor cars”, they were popularly referred to as “400s”, “FM’s” or “silver bullets”. They were constructed between 1938 and 1964.
Queensland State Archives Item ID435776, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Officially referred to as “drop centre saloon cars”, or “four motor cars”, they were popularly referred to as “400s”, “FM’s” or “silver bullets”. They were constructed between 1938 and 1964.
Queensland State Archives Item ID435776, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
Charleville hospital was opened in 1885. The contract for a new brick building was signed in 1937 and the building was completed in 1942 at a cost of £47,665. It was temporarily operated by the United States Army until January 1943.
Queensland State Archives Item ID435656, Photographic material
Queensland State Archives posted a photo:
The Queensland Government Intelligence and Tourist Bureau was established as a sub-department of the Chief Secretary’s Office in 1907. With the transfer of responsibility to the Railway Department in 1929, in approximately 1930 -1931 the name became Tourist Bureau, and in 1946 the name was again changed to Queensland Government Tourist Bureau. In 1978 it became part of the Tourism Department, a sub-department of the Harbours and Marine Department. Then in 1979 the Tourism Department was replaced by the Queensland Tourist and Travel Corporation. The Queensland Government Tourist Bureau ceased its lead role, but the Corporation’s sales arm continued to trade under Queensland Government Tourist Bureau.
Queensland State Archives Item ID435659, Photographic material